WELCOME TO THE OFFICE
TO OUR VALUED PATIENTS
Our commitment to the highest quality dental care and infection control has not changed. Our goal has always been to go ABOVE AND BEYOND the recommendations set for by the American Dental Association (ADA), The U.S. Centers for disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Due to the recent COVID-19 Pandemic we have established additional protocols so that when you receive care in our office, it is safe for both you and our team members.
WHEN YOU RETURN TO THE OFFICE AS AN EXISTING PATIENT OR ARE A NEW PATIENT, YOU WILL NOTICE SOME CHANGES TO OUR PAST PROTOCOLS. FOR EXAMPLE:
- Screening questions prior to your scheduled appointment; we will either be calling you 1 -2 days before your appointment or screen you health once you enter the office.
- Screening for fever using a no-touch thermometer prior to entering the office.
- Hand sanitizer located at the entrance to the office and reception area.
- Reducing the number of chairs in our waiting room to promote social distancing and removal of all magazines and children’s books as they are difficult to clean properly
- We will not be allowing any persons or patients to enter the office without an appointment. If you have an appointment you must call us from the parking lot so we can open the door and take your temperature. You must have a face covering or mask on to enter as well as wear in the office at all times until we are able to seat you in the operatory.
- Payment for services will be accepted by check or credit card over the phone or mail in payments.
OTHER CHANGES THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN:
- We have added specialized air filters in our reception area and hygiene rooms.
- We have added the IQAir HealthPro Plus Air Purifier with the Dental Evacuation for extra-oral suction to reduce aerosols.
- Plexi-glass barriers have been added to the reception area.
- Additional Items of PPE including N-95, KN95 masks, face shields, and surgical gowns/jackets will be worn by our dental professionals.
- Due to the need to wear extra layers of protective equipment, the office will likely be much colder than normal so bring a jacket if you tend to get cold.
PLEASE DO NOT COME TO YOUR APPOINTMENT IF YOU ANWER “YES” TO ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
1. Presence of fever and/or cough within the last 14-21 days?
2. Do you currently have shortness of breath?
3. Do you currently have GI upset, fatigue, headache or other flu-like symptoms?
4. Have you had a recent loss of taste or smell?
5. Have you been in contact with any confirmed COVID-19 positive patients in the past 14-21 days?
WE WILL ALSO ASK:
- If there are any changes to your contact information, address, dental benefit or other financial information, please relay this information via phone before your appointment to reduce the amount of time at the reception area and any congregation.
- Please bring your own face covering/mask and keep in on while you are in the office.
- Unless you are a minor or require special assistance, or are having sedation and need to have someone else sign the consent form please do not bring any family members with you to your appointment. Parents accompanying a child will need to wear a face covering. Due to the shortages in PPE, we do not have enough to share with everyone.
DIFFICULTIES REGARADING HYGIENE SCHEDULING:
- Please be patient with us as we adjust to the “new normal.” This shutdown has caused major disruptions in our schedule requiring us to re-appoint hundreds of patient appointments.
- Also, we ask for your patience and understanding to any delays in our daily schedule so that we can adhere to the highest quality of infection control.
- In addition to the “back log” of patients caused by the shutdown, the regulations set forth by the governor has required us to reduce the volume of people treated in a given day for the unforeseeable future.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT OUR OFFICE FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT, PLEASE REMAIN IN YOUR VEHICLE:
- Please call us at 978-750-8828 to inform us of your arrival
- We will let you know when we are ready to bring you into the office.
- Upon entering the office we will use a no-touch thermometer. If you have a temperature above 100.4F, we will need to reschedule your appointment.
- Again, PLEASE WEAR A MASK OR FACE COVERING WHEN YOU ENTER THE OFFICE.
BE WELL AND BE SAFE
BEST PERSONAL REGARDS,
LAWRENNCE S MILLER DMD